We are currently seeking an Automation and Controls Engineer to assist with scaling our technology to market.
Job Summary: The Automation and Controls Engineer will be part of the team that is designing and building the first commercial scale tower spiral welding system. Job duties include assisting in electrical design, documentation and commissioning of the industrial equipment for wind tower manufacturing facilities.
- Specify and source sensors, vision, motors, servo drives, industrial PC’s and I/O
- Size and specify disconnects, fuses, circuit breakers wires and cables
- Work on electrical schematics and panel layouts
- Help wire, install and commission electrical control panels
- Assist in control software development
- 3+ years of experience in design and/or 5+ years of experience in commissioning of
industrial automation equipment
- Proficiency in Solidworks Electrical and/or other CAD and the Microsoft Office platform
- Beckhoff Industrial PCs, I/O slices and Servo Drives (AX5000 / AX8000)
- Visual Studio / Beckhoff TwinCAT 3 programming environment
- Industrial sensing, Cognex vision, encoders, linear transducers, pressure sensors, etc.
- Knowledge of NFPA and UL standards in relation to industrial equipment
- Familiarity with the safety concepts in industrial automation
- Familiarity with SCADA architectures
- Familiarity with high power electrical systems
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.