We are currently seeking a full-time Mechanical Design Engineer.
Job Summary:The Mechanical Design Engineer will be part of the team that is designing the first commercial scale tower spiral welding system. They will have the opportunity to be involved in the design and build of Keystone’s large-scale machine, designing very large (30+ tons) precision machine modules for the automated forming and welding of steel plate over 1” thick.
Job duties will include becoming knowledgeable about this new technology and related systems, system analysis and design, and design and implementation of informative physical tests (possibly on Keystone’s prototype system). Communication and documentation of designs and results is also required, as well as supporting machine construction, assembly and testing efforts. The candidate must be organized, responsible, and able to quickly come up to speed on new concepts.
- Mechanical design: large machine components, automated systems, test fixtures, etc.
- Supporting overall commercial system design effort
- Analysis: creating models to simulate design behaviors, failure modes, etc.
- Creating and carrying out test plans to inform system design
- Design detailing, solid modeling and creating design drawings
- Supporting machine construction, assembly and testing efforts
- Documentation of all design and test activities
Required Education, Training, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 4+ years experience in machine design
- Experience with large/industrial machinery and heavy manufacturing a plus
- Fabrication and/or machining experience a plus
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Proficient in Solidworks
- Experience with Matlab a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized, able to work on several tasks in parallel
- Very careful and detail oriented
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.